Saturday, July 5, 2014

Someone Got Married Last Night.

I was walking alone on the way to my home. It was 1:30am. I just attended a shoot. It’s already been four kilometres that I walked. ‘Has it really been that long? I don’t think so!’

As thoughts about my future run in my mind, I played some music. ‘Blood is on the dance floor’ is on. I’ve been walking for more than half an hour.

‘It was a good shoot’. People in the wedding loved my work. I’m walking contented. The smile they gave looking at the pictures made me happy than the money I got paid for the freelance job.

The song concluded. I replayed it. Just about in 10 minutes I reached my home, single-handed.
I went straight to bed with music in my ears. I fell asleep soon. Later, a small breeze flew through my window into my face. I smiled unknowingly, for, it felt like a recurring dream.

As I lay asleep, the solitude all over the room and the night was interrupted by a man who just got married. He’s taking his bride home after the wedding with a lot of ‘sound’. ‘Damn! A typical Indian wedding!’
‘Why so publicity just because you got married? Is it something to feel proud about?’

‘Oh! I’m getting screwed tonight, so screw your sleep!’ were his expressions while happily smiling at the people looking over their balconies. 'Well, he is getting screwed literally and metaphorically.'

Not that I’m against marriages, the whole point of my frustration is only because this ‘Happy man’ bothered my sleep. Another breeze flew right through my window and I woke up to get some water. I walked past my room when I heard the sound of the band getting louder and louder.

‘Oh my god! He’s visiting every empty street to fuck everybody else’s sleep’. I unbolted the door, went out and stared at the newly wedded (happy) couple. They were dancing right in the middle of the street not aware of the fact that no one in the street is pleased with their wedding.

My eyes shifted directly to the bride. ‘Man, she’s gorgeous.’ I lost about half my frustration looking at her. ‘It’s true, women can prevent war.’ The slow breeze that touched her touched me, I could smell the fragrance though I was 20 feet away from her. Such a striking woman. She could easily be the beautiful-est woman I’ve ever seen, well, if you exclude Aishwarya Rai and Kate Winslet.

I was on the terrace when it started drizzling. I looked at my phone. It was 2:47am. I put some music on and looked at the street light above the dancing parade. The droplets of water fell deliberately and through the flare it looked as miraculous as an epic view in my dreams. I wish I could click it. Nevertheless, I tried with my phone. I wasn’t contented with the result. ‘Damn!’
The ‘sound’ stopped all of a sudden. It was a break for them to relax and start hopping again in a minute. ‘Go home people, it’s 3:00am for god’s sake!’

I yawned and was totally upset about my sleep. ‘Anyways, I’m screwed. Fuck it.’

I started to think about the following day. ‘Which film should I watch? Ow! Pulp Fiction for the millionth time! Oh no! we’ll go on a road trip tomorrow.’

My train of thoughts was interrupted by the sound of the band again. ‘Well, the hippies are back.’

I went to my room straight and fell on the bed hoping to avoid the loud noise. ‘Well, I can’t, can I?’


I hope it was all a bad dream and wake up and find myself in my peaceful bed. But it is true. Ain’t no bad dream. ‘Shit! The hell with people.’

No comments:

Post a Comment